The aims of this program are—
- To build capabilities of women at grass root level, to make them legally aware, to provide an empathic, non-judgmental, gender-sensitive support to victims of domestic violence.
- To provide a forum for resolution of family disputes in peaceful manner.
- To train para-legal workers in handling case work and counseling women.
- To educate women about their legal rights and to counsel them to get out of violent situation when attempts at resolution of conflicts fail.
- To prepare women to seek legal aid and to provide them such aid.
In pursuance of these objectives, community space has been identified at two places in Dharmpura and in Prem Nagar, and Mahila Panchayat is held every Wednesday at these centres.